Wednesday, October 12, 2011

2011 BET HIP HOP AWARDS

Last night was the premier of the 2011 BET HIP HOP AWARD SHOW that was hosted by comedian Mike Epps.  Award shows have been so watered down lately. I don't know if it is the music or the actual show, but the around award show experience has lost it's luster. BET however, has tried to live up to the essecene of award shows but having great host, live performances and star studded acts that leave viewers at home on the edge of their seats. Last night was full of surprises . The show started off with a live Young Jeezy performance with the return of the King of the South T.I. closing the number. Dmx and Heavy D returned to show that they still had a place in hip-hop today. Rick Ross and his MMG camp blazed the stage with their hit records " That Way , Imma Boss". The only downside about this performance was the fact that El De barge came out and did Jeremiah's part. I was actually looking for the Birthday Sex crooner to hit the stage. The Cyphers this year were the highlights for me because old and new rappers blazed  this year. You had Busta Rhymes, Machine Gun Kelly, B.O.B. ,  Reek Da Villian , Blind Fury , Skilz, and the hot female spitter Nitty Scott MC. The sleeper though was Chris Browns verse in the cypher. Chris showed great promise regardless if he is an RnB singer or not. His flow was witty and edgy. Overall the BET award show was a good one and it left me wanting more , also to keep my eye open for the up and coming rappers that are soon to take the world by storm.

HERE IS THE CHRIS BROWN CYPHA....YALL TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK HOW HE DID....

AND THE AWARD GOES TO...HERE ARE THE WINNERS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I HAVENT WATCHED THE AWARDS IN LIKE 2YRS BUT SOOOOO GLAD I WATCHED IT LAST NITE IT WENT HARD MAN TO SEE DMX, HEAVY D, T.I. WAS ON POINT AND I GOTTA GIVE CHRIS BROWN PROPS CAUSE HE WENT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete