Tuesday, May 15, 2012

JAY Z FOR GAY MARRIAGE.....


Im just going to totally be honest and say that I wasn't going to write a blog today, but when I read this article I had to put my two cents in. With Barack Obama supporting gay marriages another unlikely voice is speaking out in support and that voice comes from the King Of Hip- Hop himself, Jay-Z.  When I first read the article I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe it at first. I mean come on , a Marcy General supporting gay marriage? With that being said I read on and I actually agree with Hova because this whole trying to ban same sex marriages is discrimination . Look what Jay had to say below.....

It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple...I think [announcing support of gay marriage is] the right thing to do, so whether it costs [Obama] votes or not — again, it's not about votes. It's about people. It's the right thing to do as a human being.

This is sooooo HUGE!!!!! people. How many rappers you know will come out and say that they support a cause like this and still remain relevant in this game? Not many , and to be honest all it takes is just one person to speak out and the rest will follow. I just hope that the world in general can rise above the bullshit and realize that trying to tell someone who they can and can not love is harmful and is only going to hold us back from furthering our future. There are more issues in the world that needs to be dealt with rather than worrying about who is sleeping with who. I'm just glad that it was my favorite rapper of all time to take the first stand. I guess the question now is , who will be next?


To watch the video of the Jay-z click below

<"http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=us/2012/05/14/sot-jayz-discrimination.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />

No comments:

Post a Comment