Friday, April 13, 2012

The Return Of Nicki Minaj with ....Pink Friday : Roman Reloaded.


As many of you know the self proclaimed Queen of Rap Nicki Minaj finally released her sophmore album " Pink Friday : Roman Reloaded.  This album is so unlike any album from her counter parts.  The first single " Starships" was a direct hit to the pop stations to lure her listeners in to her world.  I must say that I am feeling her strategy because she is not limiting herself just to one category. She is going where the money is.  On this album she explores some singing and well as taking it back to her roots with tracks such as " Champion, Beez In The Trap and Roman's Holiday. I was on the fence with this album at first because I wasn't sure of what direction she was going in and to be honest there isn't one.  The whole album is full of singles and that could work or not work in her favor.  Starships was the door opener for this album , but the following hits " Automatic " , "Whip It" and " Marilyn Monroe will definietly follow straight to the pop charts.  If you are looking for an album full of talk about sucking, sexing and etc then Pink Friday isn't for you.  This albums tone is like an adventure in  Candy Land , just full of animation.  I wouldn't go as far as to say that she set the bar high for her other peers but she is definetly in her own lane.  Many would say that Nicki has forgotten about her days as the On The Come Up status but I beg to differ.  I think that she is setting her own lane and I also believe that the comparisons of her and Lil Kim are so far gone.  On one had you can still tell that Nicki is so bitter at Kim with songs like " Stupid Hoe " and " Romans Holiday " , but she continues to deliever a pretty good album.  I honestly feel that she didn't let anyone down with this album , but she is definetly adavancing and that is a good thing.  On the album her collaborated with Chris Brown, Drake, Rick Ross, Nas, Young Jeezy and last but not least Camron.  I could have done without Camron on the album but hey I guess he needs a boost as well.  The production on the album is crazy and full of energy.  Hard hitting beats for the hard records ( which there are only 4) and then the smoothe records beats are awesome as well.  I can say that I like this album because it is caterting to all audiences. So I will have to give it 4 and a half stars.  Kuddos to Nicki for making an international record.  

No comments:

Post a Comment